Monday, April 28, 2014

Evolution of a Playhouse

We have lived in our house for almost ten years. I remember standing in the backyard when we were looking at the house thinking.....hmmmm......this will make a great corner for a swingset. Finally, the day has come when that playhouse/swingset has become a reality. I may have been slightly neurotic about finding just the right one and getting it to the house on my established timeline but the project is complete and we are still married. We are grateful for friends and family who were willing to put some elbow grease into the project.

Costco Pick-Up
I sat on the boxes and waited for John to arrive with a truck. 
Hmmm...where shall we start? 37 steps away from completion
Inventory complete...time for a beer
Hope supervises as Daddy and Whit start the assembly process
Reading step 8 of 37
Neighbors make awesome movers 
How should we position this thing?
It only took two hours to decide.  (I'm not a good decision maker)
Supermen installing floorboards
Raising the Roof
Let's just make sure it's level 
Almost there
Hurray!!!! Our superheroes did an amazing job!
The playground is open

So many options for playing
Daddy push me
Will someone PLEASE push me?

This is a fast slide
Lulu helps a climber
I'll try out this slide again
Kids are serving pretend ice-cream and cookies
Who knew we'd have treats in the yard?

1 comment:

  1. "Slightly Neurotic" is a bit of an understatement...

    HUGE thank you to Whit, Harold, and of course Anne, for helping to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete