Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Embracing the Circus

Last week at work, I was in a meeting where we asked teachers to think about the different roles people have at a circus and asked them to select one they identified with most. As I looked around the room I found I could relate to most of the circus jobs we had displayed....a lion tamer, juggler, ticket taker, ringmaster and high wire act. The thing is.... at some point John and I both live each of these roles at home. While thinking about juggling the demands of life with work, kids, marriage and time for myself, I recognize it's hard to balance it all. I had a bit of an aha moment this past week.....Life is a total circus and it doesn't slow down so I might as well embrace all of these acts and enjoy the show. The best act is the one I come home to each night. What fun our little clowns have been having the past few weeks.


Ringmaster and her crew (In real life she is Wonderwoman)

Master Juggler
Magic tricks...the disappearing toy act
Lion Tamer...Frisco, I'm sure glad you're feeling better
Concession Stand is open...it's always fun to have a snack with Dad 
Animal Trainers...now if I could just get these toy horses to come to life 
Intermission....a little quiet time with the Cheerio Book
I'm so smart, I can give these seals a cheerio ball to play with
Our little artist
Clowning Around
Yes, that's a bow in Jack's hair. He insisted.
Someday, he'll regret it and be mad at me for sharing it with the world
The weekend's Main Event - Catching up with good friends the Wrights.
We're so glad they're back and thankful Whit is home safely from his deployment.
Whoa what's that matter with her?
Hope expresses her need for food while Kate patiently waits.
The boys catching up with Hadley
Twirling Girls


No comments:

Post a Comment