Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow Days

 Gone are the snow days I used to have when I slept in, drank coffee all morning, napped in the afternoons and watched hours of Lifetime movies. This winter I'm experiencing an whole new version of a "snow day." Kansas City has been hit with lots of snow the past several days. I've had four days off during the last week. I've had a ton of fun but have to admit I need to go back to work to get a little breather. We've had gourmet kids lunches (grilled cheese, pizza and pb&j), we've been coloring, watching the snow fall and even getting into a little mischief from time to time. Next year, snow days will include sledding and building snowmen. I think we're just a wee bit little for that right now.

Right before the first snow storm, my cousin Joyce and her husband Doug came over for a short visit. They are from Ohio and were in town visiting Doug's niece. Lucky for us they made some time to see us. It was wonderful to see them and to introduce them to the kids. I have fun memories of spending time in Ohio with my grandmother and seeing my cousins and their children. I hope someday we can take the kids back there so they can experience tractors (big green ones of course!), sweet corn and my Aunt Eileen's pies.

Cousin Joyce and her husband Doug
It's looking a lot like winter at our house. 
I think we should go play in the cold white fluffy stuff.
Our first attempt at drawing. Jack thought he better take a bite first. 
Mom was so nice. She even let us watch a little TV. 
Walking through the deep snow in the backyard is a lot of work for an old  man.
Dad, I think I could be a really big help if you'd just let me blow snow with you. 
We thought we'd surprise mom and finish up the dishes for her.
The Cone of Shame
Stop scratching your face Frisco and I'll take that thing off of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment