Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Great Midwest Adventure Part 2: Ohio

Growing up we spent a good deal of time at my Grandma Luth's farm in Ohio. I have many memories of those visits. The best thing was helping dad mow on the riding lawn mower. We helped Grandma plant potatoes and work in her garden. She had wild cats that ran away from us every time we tried to get close. We took the "slop" to the field after dinner and watched her burn trash in the burn barrel. My least favorite thing to do on the farm was to help dad trim shrubbery. I don't know why that awful job has stuck in my mind. We also had many Easter egg hunts at the farm. I still have lots of family in Ohio but do not go back there often. In fact, it had been about 16 years since my last visit. It was a fairly quick visit due to needing to be in Oxford, Ohio to celebrate my brother's college graduation from Miami. We were fortunate to be able to spend a long weekend in Ohio reconnecting with my dad's side of the family. It was so wonderful to see my two aunts and uncles and many cousins who now have growing families of their own. It was also really great to have time with with my own siblings and to share a slice of farm life with John. I think the best part of our time there was experiencing some of the fun I had as a kid through the eyes of Hope and Jack. We are blessed beyond measure with family.


Luth Family Farm - Celina, Ohio
The Luth Family
Cousin Fun with Lauren (a.k.a L3)
Pizza Night with the Bollenbachers
Gosh, Aunt Eileen has some great toys
After a hard rain and seeing a rainbow, it's time for a little bike ride
Gator Time! Hope was the only little brave one
Cousin Charlene taught us how to jump in puddles 
Connecting with cousins
Curly Sue
Family swim at the hotel
Morning Meeting
Why yes, this is a good spot for a snack 
Uncle Marc these beans look a little different upside down
I'm in love with my little man
Can't get enough of her
Taking a little walk down the lane
Picking dandelions in the field at the farm
After walking into a muddy field, it's important to take your shoes off
This is a big John Deere
Come on Jack, this reunion is going to be fun!
The official bean bag fetcher (or stealer) 
A corn hole board makes a good resting spot too
Cousin Diane is an expert at bulldozing rocks
Brother Sister Bonding
Luth Siblings - Janice, Dad, Eileen
Finally they let me play at the splash park
Topping the party off with a quick scuba dive
My googles are a little big
Brother/Sister Love and Cuddles - We are wiped out
While the little ones sleep, there is Euchre to be played
One last stop on the way home 
My Favorite People
Woo Hoo!
This stump is way more fun than that big arch
The Grande Finale Stop





No comments:

Post a Comment