Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life & Log Cabin Living

Life never slows down and is so full. Over the weekend we had a super fun adventure to Truman Lake. It's about an hour and a half south of Kansas City. We were so fortunate to spend the day with our friends Phil and Mary Alice Neal. They are in the process of building a log home that sits on a beautiful piece of land near the lake. They are surrounded by trees and trails where we'll be able to enjoy some good nature hikes and campfires when spring comes. Currently they are living in a transitional home that Mary Alice has decorated to the hilt with holiday treasures. It was so festive and extremely relaxing to be there sharing some time with them. The kids had a ball and settled into log cabin living quite nicely.

A couple of other highlights from the week included getting a special package from Aunt Jane. She knit beautiful stockings for Hope & Jack. We were excited to add TWO stockings next to ours this year. John's good friend from childhood, Matt Mihm came to visit the kids. Matt has been full of suggestions for gear we need to have in order to survive life with kids. We seem to be taking his advice on some things......the swagger wagon, car seats and a new camera are just a few.

I like these new toys at the cabin
Dr. Neal Sir, I really like your hat!
I can't wait to see the treasure Mary Alice wrapped for me
This cabin is SO relaxing! I'm quite comfy here on Mary Alice's lap
Feels like Christmas
After a road trip, it's time to stir up some trouble (or tackle it)
Honest, I didn't touch it!
Our very own stockings! 
I think I've found a new dance partner. Sorry Dad!
Next time Mr. Mihm, I'll be sure to wear my little horse so we match.


No comments:

Post a Comment